Sr. Marketing & Public Info Manager | City of Eugene Recreation & Cultural Services, Eugene OR
June 2016 – Present
- Oversee the 7-person marketing team for the City of Eugene’s Recreation and Cultura Services division.
- Set strategic marketing direction and assessment for 6,000 recreation programs at nine locations, the Hult Center for the Performing Arts, City of Eugene Public Art, and over 100 free events as part of EUGfun.
Executive Director | Alexandria Area Arts Association, Inc., Alexandria, MN
October 2011 – June 2016
- Manage day-to-day operations of a multi-faceted producing and presenting venue in Alexandria, MN.
- Produce five main stage shows, two summer youth camps with public capstones, present multiple touring shows and musical acts, and oversee value added events, including the annual Art in the Park event which draws over 25,000 visitors.
- Responsible for all areas of daily operations and productions, including box office, producing, marketing, grant writing (awards ranging from $5,000-$60,000), building and strategic planning.
- Oversee the Andria Theatre, which includes studio and business outreach space, and a 450-seat auditorium.
- Consistently expanded programming, audience, ticket sales, including earned and contributed income.
- Annual operating budget: $270,000.
Executive Director | Grand Forks Community Theatre, Grand Forks, ND
June 2007 – September 20011
- Managed day-to-day operations of the 64 year old community theatre and its 100-seat theatre, The Fire Hall Theatre.
- Responsibilities included: budget planning, management and evaluation, fundraising, grant writing (awards ranging from $5,000 – $30,000), season planning and research, marketing research and implementation, communications strategy and implementation, strategic planning, graphic design, web design, social media campaigns, facility contracts, and producing five to seven plays annually (three amateur plays, one amateur youth musical, one amateur adult musical, two professional, non equity musicals).
- Annual operating budget: $160,000.
Marketing & Event Coordinator | UND 125th Anniversary, Grand Forks, ND
September 2007-January 2009
- Implemented communication strategies, marketing initiatives, and coordinated events for the celebration of the University of North Dakota’s 125th Anniversary.
- Events included Great Conversations with Sir Salman Rushdie, Dr. Phil Jackson, Stephen Bloom and the inauguration of Dr. Robert Kelly as UND’s 11th President.
- Managed a marketing and advertising budget of $180,000.
Director | Grand Forks Marketing Services Partnership, UND, Grand Forks, ND
October 2003 – June 2007
- Coordinated a community wide, collaborative marketing and communications partnership to increase exposure to arts and cultural organizations and their events/offerings, supported through a $500,000 grant to the University of North Dakota (UND).
- Major responsibilities included implementation of grant goals, creating initiatives such as discounted advertising, marketing mini-grant program, workshop coordination, market research, community arts advertising, and individual consulting (one-on-one with organizations).
- Outcomes included an average increase in attendance of 28% per year for all arts organizations as well as proven increased visibility of the arts.
- Oversaw the 2005 Arts Participation Marketing Research, the most comprehensive audience attitude and marketing research study conducted for the Arts.
- Principal force behind the development of CulturePulse.org, an online resource of area arts and culture offerings, as well as the statewide expansion of CulturePulse with the ND Council on the Arts and the ND State Legislature (completed in 2009).
City Councilperson | City of Ashley, ND
November 2002-June 2003
- Served as one of six city council members for Ashley, North Dakota (population of 900 at the time).
- Served on policy committee and personnel committee.
- Served as city parliamentarian and vice president of the Council.
- Served in oversight capacity for a city-wide water main replacement and street reconstruction project.
Managing Director | TechLink Web Media, Ashley, ND
August 2000-June 2003
- Developed TechLink Web Media, the web marketing arm of TechLink, Inc, a for profit community betterment company that sought to increase rural populations through technology employment.
- Established the standards and guidelines to oversee a team of marketing specialists and designers as well as an offshore information technology alliance based in Channai, India.
- Set quarterly marketing and financial directives, as well as short and long term business development goals; initiated and established a state-wide business process co-opetition team to gain greater market placement; spoke at several conferences and trade conventions on behalf of new-economy marketing in the I.T. Industry.
- Served in consulting role for TechLink Rural Assistance Program, which aided small, rural communities with economic development.