Arts Management | University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
January 2011 – May 2011
- Developed curriculum for 400 level arts management course in Spring of 2011.
- Class covered marketing, public relations, communications, community organizing, board development, strategic planning, grant writing, organizational health, marketing research, fundraising and development, budgeting, cultural access, and program development.
- Class included lecture, guest presentations from active area nonprofit arts executives, and case studies with area nonprofit arts organizations.
- Class was offered jointly to Visual Art and Design, Theatre Arts, Dance, and Music focused students. (Syllabus available upon request.)
Intro to Nonprofit Management | University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
August 2005 – Present
- Guest Lecturer for 16 week course in Nonprofit Management as part of the minor in Nonprofit Leadership and Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Program.
- Lectured on Nonprofit Marketing and Nonprofit Strategic Planning.
Classes & Workshops Presented
The Long Game: Applying Now and Later Thinking, City of Eugene, November 2022
What I Learned about Leadership from Theatre, City of Eugene, May 2022
Deconstructing Character, Alexandria Area Arts Association, February 2015
Deconstructing Auditions, Alexandria Area Arts Association, January 2015
Deconstructing Scripts, Alexandria Area Arts Association, January 2015
Theatre for All Ages, Alexandria Community Education, August 2014
Careers in the Arts, Alexandria Area Economic Development, November 2011/12/13, January 2015
Success in Auditioning, Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre, September 2011
Social Media and the Arts, UND Emerging Leaders Summit, August 2010
Grassroots Communication, UND Nonprofit Leadership Association, July 2010
Effective & Affordable Marketing Strategies, Central North Dakota Tourism Conference, April 2010
Statewide Arts Marketing: CulturePulse, North Dakota Statewide Arts Conference, March 2009
Engaging Student Populations, Convention and Visitor’s Bureau/University of North Dakota, November 2008
Marketing Power for the Arts, New Bohemia Statewide Conference, July 2007
Marketing on a Shoestring Budget, North Dakota Statewide Arts Conference, March 2007
Strategic Planning for Nonprofits, Nonprofit Leadership Association Workshop, October 2005
Web Design & Promotion, North Valley Arts Conference, August 2005
Marketing Design Tips and Tools, Small Business Development Conference for the Arts, April 2005
Market Growth through Co-opetition, North Dakota Marketplace of Ideas, January 2003