Board Member | Alexandria Downtown Merchants Association, Alexandria, MN
August 2014 – Present
- At-Large Member on the 11 person ADMA Board of Directors.
- Served as President (January 2015-2016)
- Guided board through strategic planning process, an organization-wide policy update, and bylaw review.
- Served on a variety of event committees, including: “Party in the Street,” “The Thing on Broadway,” “Wine and Art Crawl,” “Fall Festival,” and “A Hometown Holiday Experience.”
Advisory Council | Alexandria Area High School Performing Arts Center, Alexandria MN
January 2013 – Present
- Served in advisory capacity during the planning and construction of the 1,000 seat Tastefully Simple Performing Arts Center, a state of the arts performance space.
- Provide advice, informed guidance and recommendations for community performing arts events and marketing tactics for district facilities.
Board Member | City of Alexandria, MN Arts Advisory Board, Alexandria, MN
- Provide advice, guidance and logistical assistance in generating public art options for the City of Alexandria, MN.
- Provide feedback and guidance for City of Alexandria Public Art Plan.
Board Member | Minnesota State Arts Board, St. Paul, MN
February 2012 – July 2014
- Served on the Arts Board, which manages the State of Minnesota Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund (a 25 year constitutional amendment that funds arts, culture, clean water and land, passed by MN voters in 2008, generating $7.5 billion state-wide over the 25 years).
- Served as Board Secretary (2013-2014) and Executive Board Member-at-large (2012-2013).
- Served on the Regional Arts Council Liaison Committee, Regional Council Biennium Plan Review Committee, and the Operating Support Committee, which assesses and recommends policy for the MN State Operating Support Program ($13.1 million in 2014).
- Regularly interfaced with partner advocacy organization, Minnesota Citizens for the Arts, as well as regional arts councils, and arts organizations around the state. The Minnesota State Arts Board works to ensure that all Minnesotans of all ages, ethnicities and abilities have access to the arts and arts education, as well as enhance public understanding of the value of the arts.
- Nominated by Lake Region Arts Council and MN Citizens for the Arts, appointed by Governor Mark Dayton, and confirmed by the Minnesota Senate.
Board Member | Waldorf College Alumni Association, Forest City, IA
October 2006 – October 2012
- Served as Chair (2009-2011).
- Interfaced between the alumni, Waldorf College, and the Waldorf College Lutheran Foundation.
- Aided in planning and executing alumni events, including Homecoming.
- Coordinated alumni listening and feedback sessions during the sale of Waldorf College to Columbia Southern University.
- Welcomed graduates to the Alumni Association at commencement exercises (2009, 2010, 2011).
Board Member | North Valley Arts Council, Grand Forks, ND
January 2010 – September 2011
- Represented theatre organizations on the 11-person board that provided guidance and strategy for community-wide arts initiatives, funding and marketing.
Event & Marketing Manager | Grand Cities Art Fest, Grand Forks, ND
June 2008 – July 2010
- Executed the 130 artist, 50,000 visitor annual summer event, including coordination and logistics.
- Served as Marketing Manager (2002-2010). Originated the look and image of the Grand Cities Art Fest and oversaw a $60,000 yearly advertising and promotions budget, including radio, television, print advertising, outreach, and billboards.
- Organize and photograph selected models and artists as well as design and coordinate the production of the Fest Guide and commemorative bookmarks.
- During the two day event, coordinated on site media relations, served as one of three point people managing the event, and oversaw town square/fine arts avenue, including supervising the information booth, sales booths, entertainment and volunteer groups.
Member | Waldorf College Marketing and Brand Brain Trust, Forest City, IA
July 2007-July 2008
- Served with other alumni on Brain Trust to advise the Waldorf College Marketing Department on efforts related to brand, imaging, marketing collateral, interactive and social media, and student recruitment efforts.
Board Member | Downtown Leadership Group, Grand Forks, ND
July 2006 – June 2009
- Served as Chair (2007-2009)
- Provided guidance and advice to staff on the creation and expansion of downtown events and marketing efforts.
- Aided in the creation and execution of a variety of events, including: “Art & Wine Walk,” “Grand Cities Art Fest,” and “Blues on the Red Concerts.”
Director | Information Technology Council of North Dakota, Bismarck, ND
February 2001 – December 2007
- Served as a founding board member for the association and served as Vice Chair (2002-2005)
- Aided in the development of a state-wide, comprehensive marketing and outreach program.
- Secured funding for programs, lobbied on behalf of the technology community, managed a variety of committees and task forces, and facilitated efforts to place North Dakota as a technology powerhouse in the new economy.
- Aided in the development of the 2004 and 2006 State of the Information Technology Industry report, a first of its kind in North Dakota.